The Spanish Village Art Center (SVAC) in Balboa Park welcomes individuals wishing to be a part of the largest artist community in San Diego!
Next Jury Date: Saturday, September 15, 2018
Application Due By: Friday, August 15, 2018
(Jury Application Form available soon)
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
SVAC is a collection of working art studios established in 1938 by the San Diego City Council to make the creation of art visible to the public. SVAC continues today as a not-for-profit organization, relying on membership to participate in its direction and programs. As part of SVAC’s agreement with the City of San Diego, the organization maintains open-house studios where artists and craftspeople create and demonstrate their technique(s) to the public. SVAC members are required to work in the studios and are only privileged to exhibit and sell the works created in the medium (or media) that they were juried in with.
All artists living in San Diego County are eligible for membership in SVAC. Prospective members must provide the following information along with the application:
- Three (3) small photographs representing your work to be judged. Those artists who are already SVAC members must also submit photos of the work to be judged.
- Proof that the artist is at least 18 years of age; i.e. valid CA driver’s license or ID card with a copy of the same. Make sure the birth date is legible in the copy.
- Proof of residency in San Diego County (utility bill or other proof of residency) with a copy of the same.
Membership benefits include:
- Being a part of our community of artists to share creativity and knowledge.
- Free use of our patio space for booth setup to show and sell your artwork.
- Exhibit at the December Nights Event, with attendance of over 300,000, offering great exposure.
- Access to studio space either as a lease holder or studio partner.
- And much more!